This Manufacturing Technology Council website and related digital properties (collectively, the “Site”) are brought to you by The Association for Manufacturing Technology (“AMT”), in collaboration with our technology platform provider Traction Technology Partners (“TTP,” along with AMT, collectively, “Operator,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), to provide various manufacturing technology-related information, products and services (collectively, the “Service(s)”).
1. Website Content.
A. Description of Website Content. The Service contains a wide variety of Website Content (defined below), whether (1) proprietary to AMT, (2) proprietary to TTP, (3) proprietary to third parties, or (4) contributed by other users of the Service. “Website Content” includes, but is not limited to text, data, files, documents, software, scripts, layout, design, function and “look and feel,” graphics, images, audio, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and any other materials that you may view, access or download (subject to the terms herein) through the Service.
B. Our Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that all Website Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, as well as all derivative works thereof, are owned by AMT, TTP, or other parties that have licensed their material to us, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Except as specifically permitted herein, Website Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed for your commercial or business purposes, including by e-mail or other electronic means, without our prior consent or the prior consent of such third-party that owns the Website Content. All rights not expressly granted herein by us and/or our licensors to you are reserved by us and/or our licensors.
C. Accessing and Downloading Website Content. You download information from the Site at your own risk. We do not warrant that the Service or materials available therefrom are compatible with your equipment or that any such information is free from invasive or corruptive files or Harmful Code (as defined below). We will not be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that you incur as a result of (a) use of the Service or the Website Content, including any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in such information, material or data, (b) any harmful features arising from the Service or the Website Content, (c) the act or omission of any other party involved in making the Service or the Website Content available to you, or (d) from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the Service or the Website Content, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within our control or the control of third parties.
E. Website Content Disclaimer. Website Content is provided to you AS IS. You understand that we do not guarantee the accuracy, safety, integrity or quality of Website Content and you hereby agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Website Content, including any reliance on the Website Content or the integrity and accuracy of such Website Content. Nothing on our Service should be deemed to constitute a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold, or otherwise to constitute advice regarding, any registered or unregistered security.
2. Content You Provide.
A. Description of Your Content. Certain features of the Service, such as discussions, comments, messaging, “ask the network”, and surveys, allow you to post, submit, publish, share or manage ideas, opinions, recommendations, data and information (“Your Content”). By posting or publishing Your Content, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to distribute Your Content to us, either because you are the author and have the right to distribute the same, or because you have the appropriate distribution rights, licenses, consents, and/or permissions to use, in writing, from the copyright or other owner of Your Content. You hereby grant to us and our authorized personnel a worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable (in connection with an assignment of the Agreement) and sublicensable license to copy, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit Your Content as we in our sole and absolute discretion deem appropriate for any and all purposes. As one example, we may anonymize and aggregate Your Content with data and content provided by other users for our own and our partners’ business purposes. However, we will not have rights to use or otherwise exploit the name of your business or business logo that you provide as part of your user profile, except that we may display your business name and/or logo to identify your company as a member of MTCouncil and as part of any attribution information identifying Your Content. You hereby waive all rights of attribution, integrity and any other rights known as moral rights, artist’s rights or droit moral (“Moral Rights”) in or to Your Content, to the extent legally permissible. To the extent waiver is not permitted, you hereby consent to and ratify any action that may be taken by us (and to confirm any consent or ratification upon our request and without charge) with respect to any Moral Rights and agree not to assert any Moral Rights with respect to such action.
B. Confidential or Sensitive Business Information. Please note that you provide confidential or sensitive information to us and/or other registered members of the Network (“Registered Members”) voluntarily and you do so at your own risk.
C. Derivative Works. You acknowledge and agree that we will own all right, title, and interest in and to any materials, content, or other works, including derivative works of Your Content, created by us or on our behalf and used in connection with the Service offered by us. Please be aware that any information, ideas or opinions you choose to publish on or through certain functions of our Service are available to and may be seen by all other Registered Members of the Service and/or the public.
D. Your Proprietary Rights. It is highly unlikely that we will know about any potential violations of your rights unless you tell us. Therefore, if you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed through the Service, you may send a written notice to AMT’s DMCA agent (see the “Contact Information” section below) and we will respond pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) procedure. We reserve all rights to seek damages and fees associated with infringement and/or fraud.
E. Feedback. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information provided by you to us (collectively, “Feedback”) are not confidential and you hereby grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use such Feedback as it deems appropriate, for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes, in its sole discretion.
3. Your Obligations and Use of the Service. You agree to use the Service responsibly, as intended by the functionality of the Service and in accordance with these Terms.
- that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement on your own behalf and on behalf on any entity for whom you are acting;
- not to use a false name or email address or any name or email address of, owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person or for any other reason;
- that you shall not use a User ID name that is subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization;
- that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password;
- to update your user profile and registration information so that it remains true, correct and complete;
- to conduct yourself in a professional manner in your use of the Service and your interactions with us and with any other member of the MTCouncil; and
- to use any personal information (such as names and email addresses) you may acquire through the use of the Service in accordance with all applicable laws, including privacy laws.
B. You must not:
- use the Service to market products or services (such as investment advisory services that could subject us to SEC or other regulation);
- use the Service or Website Content in any manner that is competitive with us;
- access or use the Service for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- post or transmit via the Service information or material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, predatory of minors, harassing, threatening or hateful to any person, or that contains any profane, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable content or language;
- upload or transmit any communication or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any individual or entity (such as the personal, privacy, contractual, intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity);
- post or distribute any personal information about another individual, including an address, phone number, email address, credit card number or other information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual unless you are authorized to do so by that individual;
- modify, sell, assign or transfer the Website Content or use the Service to provide services to others;
- alter, remove or falsify any attributions or other proprietary designations of origin or source of any Website Content;
- copy or distribute in any medium any part of this Service;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any software included in the Service and/or Website Content;
- use this Service as a means to distribute or post advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your identification or affiliation;
- trick, defraud, deceive or mislead us or other users (such as by misrepresenting the source of materials or other information you submit or post to the Service or using tools which anonymize your Internet protocol address to access the Service);
- interfere with the operation of this Service in any way (such as denial of service attacks, flooding, or spamming);
- transmit, distribute, introduce or otherwise make available in any manner through the Service any computer virus, keyloggers, spyware, worms, Trojan horses, time bombs or other malicious or harmful code (collectively, “Harmful Code”);
- use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable or impair our services or networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means; or
- access or search (or attempt to access or search) the Service or Website Content by any means (such as any robot, scraper or other automated system or unauthorized script or software) other than currently available, published interfaces provided by us; or
- interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service.
C. You understand and acknowledge that:
- you are representing to us that you have adequate rights, including all intellectual property rights, to Your Content in order to allow us to display Your Content and to grant to us the rights granted herein;
- any Website Content posted by other users or through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Website Content;
- We are making no representations, warranties, or recommendations about any individual or entity for you to rely on;
- We may, but we are not obligated to monitor the Service, and you are not relying on us to do so;
- We do not, endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any Website Content or communications sent or posted via the Service, or any opinions expressed by users of the Service; and
- by using the Services, you may be exposed to Website Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, and that you have no claim against us for any such material.
4. Our Rights.
A. We are providing the Service as a courtesy to you. Accordingly, we may take actions that will affect your access to or use of the Service without any liability to you or others. We may, in our sole discretion:
- modify, suspend or terminate all or a portion of the Service at any time without prior notice to you;
- delete or decline to post or distribute all or any portion of Your Content for any reason or for no reason whatsoever.
B. We are providing the Service as a courtesy to you. Accordingly, our obligations with respect to the Service are limited. Specifically:
- we are not obligated to introduce you to any individual or entity;
- we are not an investment adviser and no part of this Service is intended to constitute investment advice;
- we do not recommend any startups for investment, endorse their fitness for investment;
- we are not responsible for doing diligence on any individual, entity or other users you meet through the Service or verifying any representations, materials or other information provided through the Service or by users of the Service;
- we are not obligated to maintain the confidentiality or otherwise protect of any of Your Content;
- we are not obligated to monitor or enforce any intellectual property rights that may be associated with Your Content;
- we do not control or endorse Website Content provided by third parties or users, messages sent through the Service or information found on external websites that may be linked to or from the Service and we specifically disclaim any responsibility with respect thereto; and
- we are not responsible for the content or placement of any advertisement included in the Service.
5. Trademarks/Service Marks, Logos, Slogans and Taglines. All trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans and taglines displayed on or through the Service are the property of AMT or its respective licensors and nothing contained herein should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans or taglines displayed on or through the Service without the express written permission of AMT, or such third-party that may own the trademark, service mark, logo, slogan or tagline.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Access to this Site and the Service is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the Service or the Website Content and, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, with respect to any information obtained through the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects, if any, will be corrected; nor do we make any representations about the accuracy, reliability, currency, quality, completeness, usefulness, performance, security, legality or suitability of the Service or any of the information contained therein. You expressly agree that your use of the Service and Your reliance upon any Website Content is at your sole risk. You shall be solely and fully responsible for any damage to any computer system, any loss of data, or any improper use or improper disclosure of information caused by you. We cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any loss, damages or liabilities arising from the failure of any telecommunications infrastructure, or the internet or for your misuse of any of the ideas or information accessed through the Service.
8. Limitation of Liability. In the event of any problem with the Service or any Website Content, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using the Service. Under no circumstances shall AMT, TTP or any of their respective licensors, licensees, suppliers or providers be liable in any way for your use of the Service or any Website Content including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Website Content, any infringement by any Website Content of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, or for any losses or damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Service or the materials or information contained on the Service. Under no circumstances shall AMT, TTP or any of their respective licensors, licensees, suppliers or providers be liable for any punitive, exemplary, consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages (including, without limitation, any personal injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your computer or otherwise) arising from or in connection with your use of the Service or Website Content, whether under a theory of breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, malpractice or otherwise, even if We or they have been advised of the possibility of such damages. You hereby release and harmless AMT, TTP and each of their respective licensors, licensees, suppliers and providers harmless from any and all claims, demands, and damages of every kind and nature (including, without limitation, actual, special, incidental and consequential), known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Service or Website Content. You waive the provisions of any state or local law limiting or prohibiting a general release.
If you have questions or concerns with respect to AMT or the Service, please contact us using one of the following options: By e-mail: MTCouncil@amtonline.org
Attn: MT Council
The Association for Manufacturing Technology
7901 Jones Branch Dr., Suite 900
McLean, VA 22102
For DMCA agent:
Attn: Erick Schonfeld
Traction Technology Partners
603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101
New York, NY 10014